Spring is a time for new beginnings, a time to shake off the heavier diet and slower hibernating energy of winter. It is the perfect time to spring clean our homes, lives, energy and bodies. In Kinesiology we study the 5 Element theory of Chinese Philosophy which consists of 5 elements; fire, earth, metal, water, wood. Each element is related to a season and has particular colours, emotions, body organs and meridians associated with it. Spring is related to the following:
Emotion: Anger Resentment
Organs: Liver, Gall Bladder
The wood element is all about flexibility & change. When we have a balanced wood element we are flexible in our thinking, movement and are able to change & “go with the flow” easily. If not we tend to find that life does not flow easily, we are quick to judge, become “victims of fate”, angry, resentful and can’t move forward in life. We may also find it difficult to make decisions.
Wood element focuses on the liver and gall bladder. Spring is the perfect time to detoxify your body. So to spring clean your body, mind & soul try some of the following and keep yourself healthy, & flexible with the ability to adapt to life’s flow with ease and grace:
• Rise early
• Try some Japanese yoga. It focuses on seasons and meridians and will adopt poses to work into the liver and gall bladder gently and effectively
• Try a detox diet to cleanse your body of toxins
• Start a new project or try something new… it is the season of new beginnings & there is no better time than now!
• Have a healing session to deal with any anger, resentment, judgement, victim mentality, or issues around eyesight, headaches/migraines, poor sleep, intolerances, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, stiffness, aching, tendonitis, vertigo, IBS and gallstones to name a few
• Drink warm water with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice first thing in the morning
• Revitalise yourself with a positive attitude, affirmations and self talk
• Be kind to yourself. Imbalanced wood element can create perfectionism which exhausts your body and mind so remember to have compassion for others but also yourself!
A balanced wood element gives you courage and self esteem, a perfect combination to start that something new.
“The way to get started is to quit talking & begin doing”… Walt Disney
Happy Spring Everyone